Grilled Scanian sweetbread with pickled chanterelles and parsnipcream
- Peal the parsnips and cut them into dice-sized pieces.
- Put the pot on low heat and add a small knob of butter. Add the parsnips when the butter starts to bubble.
- Stir in the put while they are cooked very easily. Pour in the cream so it covers, when the pieces start to get a bit more yellow color at the edges
- Cook the parsnip to become completely soft and mushy, stirring constantly and add perhaps more cream or milk.
- Boil the vinegar, sugar and water
- Add the chanterelles, and let them soak in the law until serving.
- Trim off the membranes that are outside veal and divide into 8 even pieces.
- Pour the parsnips through a sieve, but save the cream poured through the sieve. Mix the parsnips completely smooth with a hand blender, while they are still warm. Then dilute with the drained cream until the consistenc is creamy and smooth.
- Season the parsnip cream with salt, a little butter and a few drops of lemon juice. Keep the cream warm but beware that it does not burn.
- Season the sweetbread with salt and pepper and turn in flour.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over high heat to it smokes slightly. Add a large knob of butter in the pan and place immediately the sweetbread. Fry quickly until it is golden brown on both sides. Please check that the internal temperature is about 55 degree celsius when it is fully cooked.
Serve immediately when the sweetbread is complete, along with parsnipcream, the pickled chanterelles and crispy fried bacon.
- It is possible to jam large quantities of chanterelles and store in jars in the fridge. Increase the amount of water to 1.5 dl, so the vinegar flavour doesn't get too prominent. Then do not hesitate to multiply the recipe to the desired amount.
- Serve with advantage with a "heavier" white wine, preferably oak barrels stored, such as a heavy white Burgundy.
Serves 8 (starter)
2 pcs parsnips (preferably organically grown)
2 dl organic cream
40 small cleaned chanterelles
0.5 dl vinegar
1 dl sugar
1 dl water
400g sweetbread (vealthymus)
100g organic butter
0.5 dl flour (preferably organic)
1parcel crispy fried bacon, diced